Sexual Abuse Counselling Centre
We provide both short and long-term counselling interventions to Surrey children and youth (ages 3-18) who have experienced sexual abuse. We also offer support and psycho-educational information to non-offending family members and caregivers to help cope with the impact of the sexual abuse on the family.
- Clinical assessment and a broad range of treatment formats and modalities
- Expressive (art and play) therapies and verbal approaches
- Education and emotional support for family members including with respect to parenting concerns, this managing behaviours, abortion preventing further abuse and communicating about sexual abuse
- Assistance with applications for Crime Victim Assistance compensation and in accessing specialized help with the court process, approved when necessary
- Workshops and information sessions to increase community understanding about sexual abuse
- Collaboration and consultation with specialized services and appropriate professionals
- Healthy Relationship educational groups for children and youth with developmental disabilities
Our intake requirements are based on current provincial Sexual Abuse Intervention Program (SAIP) guidelines.
- Youth ages 3-18
- Resident of Surrey
- Self referral welcome, or referral from the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD), police-based victim services, the Heal clinic, mental health services or other community agency
Call 604.584.5811 x237 to make a referral or to inquire about our Healthy Relationships groups for children and youth with developmental disabilities.